Filming for new Paramount+ series to take place on campus this week

Production for upcoming television adaptation The Doll Factory is to take place on campus between Thursday and Monday

Production for upcoming television series The Doll Factory is to take place on campus this week from January 5-9.

Filming will take place in the Museum Building and the Physics Lecture Theatre, which will both be closed on Saturday January 7. Only this day is allocated to the actual filming of scenes, with the other three being used for the setup and derigging of production equipment.

The disassembly of equipment is to take place on Monday, the same day which foundation scholarship exams for senior fresh students begin. Production is expected to cause minimal disruption to students and tourists, according to an email sent to staff and students today.

The email from Head of Central Events Liane Donnelly added that “financial contribution from this filming will be invested into supporting the College’s academic mission”.

The Doll Factory, originally a novel by Elizabeth MacNeal, is the story of a young aspiring female artist in 1850s London. The television adaptation is being produced by Buccaneer Media for Paramount+, and features among its cast Saoirse Monica Jackson, who starred in Derry Girls, and Éanna Hardwicke, an alumnus of Trinity’s Lir Academy who previously featured in Normal People, which was also filmed on campus.

This comes after a number of projects being filmed on campus in recent years, most recently in July of this year for an unspecified project.

Other projects have included the television adaptations of Sally Rooney’s novels Normal People and Conversations with Friends, as well as Acorn TV series Harry Wild. The 1983 film Educating Rita, starring Michael Caine and Julie Walters, was also filmed on campus.