Kate Henshaw elected editor of Trinity News

Henshaw is currently the paper’s deputy editor and will begin her tenure on May 1

Kate Henshaw has been elected as the next editor of Trinity News at the paper’s annual general meeting (AGM) this evening.

Henshaw, who ran unopposed for the position, is the paper’s current Deputy Editor and a former News Editor and Assistant News Editor.

Henshaw will serve as editor for the 2023/24 academic year, the 70th volume of the newspaper.

The vote to elect the editor was conducted by online ballot of the paper’s editorial staff.

Henshaw, who has also served as the alumni officer of Trinity Publications, is a final year sociology and social policy student. The new editor’s plans for the paper include increasing the publication’s social media presence and further promoting the paper’s tradition of integrity and inclusivity.

Henshaw’s tenure as editor will begin on May 1.

Following her election Henshaw said “I am so delighted to have been elected editor of Trinity News for 2023/24. TN has defined my college experience and I truly believe I am the right person to lead TN into the next year. We in TN have always prioritised integrity and inclusion as fundamental to the papers success and this is something I will continue to do next year.”

“I am so excited to see what TN does next year and I hope to provide space for all students to write. Bring on 2023/24.”

Trinity News’ current editor Shannon Connolly congratulated Henshaw on her election stating: “I am delighted to be handing over the paper to Kate’s very capable hands this May.”

“It’s been an absolute honour working alongside Kate this year, as well as working as Editor for the 69th issue of Trinity News. Congrats to Kate, and congrats to all our team who have done such a great job this year.”

Alan Nolan Wilson

Alan Nolan Wilson is the current News Analysis Editor of Trinity News, and a Junior Sophister Geography and History student. He previously served as Correspondent for College.