Lara Mellett elected Chair of Trinity Publications

For the first time since 2019, all elected committee roles were filled at the AGM.

Lara Mellett has been elected as the new Chair of Trinity Publications at an AGM held over video call yesterday afternoon.

Mellett is a senior sophister English Literature student, and previously served as the body’s Secretary. She will take over from incumbent chair Jack Smyth.

Speaking to Trinity News, of which she is the outgoing Features Editor, Mellett said that she was “delighted to be elected as Chair of Trinity Publications for the upcoming year”.

“I’m excited to take on the role and continue the excellent work done by Jack and last year’s committee, as well as uphold the legacy of all of our fantastic publications.” she added.

Elections for other positions on the executive committee also took place at the meeting, with all positions being filled for the first time since 2019.

Shane Donnellan, a senior sophister Early and Modern Irish student, was reelected as the body’s Treasurer in a two-way contest. Donnellan was first elected at an EGM in November following the resignation of the previous Treasurer. He is the incoming Sports Co-Editor of Trinity News, having also served as editor of the section last year.

David Wolfe was elected Secretary, one of two candidates to nominate themselves from the floor at the AGM due to an absence of prior applicants. A senior sophister student of history and political science, Wolfe is the current Social Media and Managing Editor of Trinity News, having previously served as News Editor. He fills Mellett’s previous position.

Cathal Eustace takes over from Abby Cleaver as Amenities Officer. Eustace is a senior sophister film student and has previously served as Icarus Editor. Eustace has also been a member of staff of Misc. Magazine and TN2.

This year’s alumni officer will be senior sophister student Eduardo Pinheiro who succeeds Kate Henshaw. Pinheiro is incoming Portuguese Editor for the Journal of Literary Translation (JoLT).

James Dempsey was elected as the Committee’s PRO, having also nominated himself from the floor after contesting the Treasurer position. Dempsey is a junior sophister history student and takes over from Ella Sloane. He has previously contributed to Icarus and The Piranha.

Trinity Publications is one of College’s four capitated bodies, and exists to support student-run publications on campus. The committee is made up of the six executive officers elected yesterday as well as the editors of its seven affiliated publications, Trinity News, TN2, the Piranha, Icarus, Misc. Magazine, Trinity Film Review and JoLT.

Alan Nolan Wilson

Alan Nolan Wilson is the current News Analysis Editor of Trinity News, and a Junior Sophister Geography and History student. He previously served as Correspondent for College.