Evergreen magazine recognised as official Trinity publication

Trinity’s sustainability magazine has gained official recognition from Trinity Publications

Evergreen, College’s sustainability magazine, has received full recognition as an official Trinity publication. 

The magazine, which strives to improve climate literacy and highlight environmental affairs, was established in 2021.

Evergreen is the eighth fully recognised publication to be acknowledged by Trinity Publications. JoLT, the Journal of Literary Translation, was the last publication to be recognised. 

Evergreen’s editor in chief Lily Hassett expressed her joy at the news in a statement published on the Trinity Publications Instagram.

“I am overjoyed to announce that we have achieved full recognition from Trinity Publications. This milestone is a testament to the commitments and dedication of our entire team, and the co-founders Alfie and Faye.”

“Improving climate literacy is a pressing issue vital to address, and this recognition by Trinity Publications is a proud moment for all of us. It acknowledges the impact we’ve had in promoting environmental consciousness, delivering the rapid changes and debates manifesting in the sustainable world today. We are very excited to expand climate literacy in Trinity and couldn’t do it without the support of Trinity Publications.”

Lara Mellett, the chair of the Trinity Publications, expressed her excitement for the recognition in the same Instagram post.

“We are extremely excited to be welcoming Evergreen into the fold as a fully recognised Trinity Publication. Evergreen’s focus is on highlighting environmental affairs and helps us represent a core value of the student population.”

As a fully recognised publication, Evergreen’s editor will sit on the committee of Trinity Publications, and will be guaranteed funding for the magazine whilst the official recognition lasts.

For anyone who would like to get involved with the publication, more information is available on the official instagram page @evergreentrinity, with further information available in the link in their bio.