Antisemitic graffiti found on campus draws widespread condemnation 

College confirmed the graffiti was “immediately removed” upon discovery 

An antisemitic piece of graffiti written in a toilet stall in the Buttery has drawn widespread condemnation and has since been removed by College.

A photo of the graffiti, in which the neo-Nazi slogan “Jews will not replace us” was written on a wall, has circulated online and was brought to the attention of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) office in Trinity.

The photo was first shared by the Union of Jewish Students, a Zionist organisation representing around 9,000 students across the UK and Ireland, on X/Twitter.

The slogan was also infamously chanted during a 2017 white-supremicist rally in Charleston, North Carolina, at which members of the Ku Klux Klan were present.

In a statement to Trinity News, a College spokesperson said that the EDI office “is looking into how to address a possible gap in signposting how to report concerns about this kind of material”.

The graffiti is thought to have been up sometime since late May, however the spokesperson confirmed that “nobody had reported having seen this in person”.

“We wish to emphasise that we take this matter very seriously and there is no place for antisemitic behaviour at Trinity,” they added.

Outgoing Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) President László Molnárfi wrote on X/Twitter that TCDSU “fully condemn this horrific act of anti-semitism”.

Molnárfi added his belief that “this is due to the rise of the far-right, who are aligned with Zionists, not due to the pro-Palestine movement, who are against anti-semitism”.