TCDSU nominated for best large student union at USI awards

TCDSU President László Molnárfi was individually nominated for Student Activist of the Year

Trinity College Dublin Students’ Union (TCDSU) have been nominated for Large Student Union of the Year at the Student Achievement Awards Ireland (SAAI). 

TCDSU President László Molnárfi was also nominated for Student Activist of the Year alongside Baisat Alawiye (Maynooth Students’ Union) and Annabel Biddulph (Technological University of Dublin Students’ Union). 

The SAAIs are owned and operated by the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).

On social media Molnárfi thanked the USI for the nomination adding that sabbatical officers are “powerless without grassroot involvement”. 

“Without student participation, we cannot achieve anything,” he added. 

University of Galway Students’ Union and Technological University of Dublin Students’ Union were nominated for Large Student Union of the Year alongside the TCDSU. 

The awards ceremony is set to take place at the Sugar Club in Dublin at 7.30 pm on May 2nd. 

The SAAIs, which are the “official student recognition event of the student movement in Ireland”, aim to celebrate the “contribution students from across Ireland have made to the student community and Irish society in the past year”. The awards are currently in their 11th year.

Charlotte Kent

Charlotte Kent is the Co-News Editor at Trinity News and a Senior Freshman PPES Student.